Intubation Shield - an Additional Layer of PPE
Patients with COVID-19, a respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2 - may require mechanical ventilation to keep their oxygen levels stable. In order to provide that support, healthcare providers - such as anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists, and emergency or critical care physicians - first must place a breathing tube that can then be connected to a ventilator.
Placing a breathing tube in patients suspected with, or diagnosed with, COVID-19 can pose a high risk to health care workers, as it may expose them to aerosols and droplets from a patient's airways.
Paragon Medical, part of NN Life Sciences, introduces the intubation shield to provide an additional barrier of Standard Personal Protection Equipment between the healthcare professional and the patient during intubation and extubation procedures to reduce potential exposure to bodily fluids. Paragon Medical is an FDA registered medical device provider.
The intubation shield accommodates a broad range of patient sizes, and provides a depth ideal for healthcare providers to maneuver. The device is manufactured from medical grade materials that will withstand full cleaning and thermal disinfection, and is collapsible for ease of storage.
- Provides an added layer of personal protection between the healthcare provider and patient during intubation and extubation.
- Device is collapsible and portable for ease of transportation, use and storage.
- Design is ideal for a broad range of patient sizes, and depth for healthcare personnel maneuvering during procedures.
- Useful in clinical settings, including the ER, OR, and ICU.
- Designed and manufactured in the USA.
- 21.8 in / 55.4 cm wide
- 20.3 in / 51.6 cm tall
- 18.4 in / 46.7 cm deep
- Constructed of medical grade materials: Aluminum, Stainless Steel, and Solvay Udel® PSU.
- Solvay Udel® P-1700 polysulfone (PSU) is a rigid, high-strength thermoplastic suitable for continuous use up to 300° F (149° C). It is resistant to oxidation and hydrolysis and withstands exposure to high temperatures and repeated steam autoclaving. The resins are also highly resistant to degradation by gamma and electron beam radiation. The resins comply with FDA 21 CFR 177.1655 and ISO 10993.
Special Product Launch Pricing
$400.00 per Device
Refer to IFU for usage details.
Listed as Class 1 Exempt FDA Medical Device.
The Paragon Medical Intubation Shield is not intended to replace the use of typical personal protective equipment (PPE) worn by health care personnel for intubation and extubation procedures. The Paragon Intubation Shield shall only be used in addition to typical PPE.
Udel®, Solvay and the Solvay logo are registered trademarks of the companies that comprise the Solvay Group or their respective owners.